Apply Now - MBA
Master of Business Administration (MBA) ONLINE Application >>>
Graduate Studies Application for Admission
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY operates within a semester calendar. The fall term begins in late August; the spring term begins in early January. The MBA at CNU is an accelerated Online program. Courses are completed in 8 week modules.
Required Application Materials
Admission will not be considered until all application requirements have been fulfilled and prerequisites have been met.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS must be submitted directly from the Registrar of all previously attended colleges or universities to The Center for Adult and Professional Studies. The transcript must include the university seal and the highest degree attained.
- THREE RECOMMENDATION FORMS must be completed by persons who are appropriate to judge academic, employment, and character qualifications of the applicant. Respondents may not be relatives.
A recommendation form is provided in the admissions packet and may be reproduced, downloaded here, or completed online.
Under the provision of the federal family educational rights and privacy act of 1974 the student has a right to request examination of this recommendation unless they have previously waived any rights of access to examine the file.
- A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF PURPOSE is required for applicants. A form is provided in the admissions packet or you may upload with the Online application. Make sure to include your full name and program for which you are applying.
- A PROFESSIONAL RESUME is required for all MBA applicants. The resume may be uploaded at time of application or sent to the Graduate Admissions Office Address/email below.
- AN ENTRANCE INTERVIEW conducted by the graduate faculty must be completed. Arrangement for the interview should be made prior to admission to the program by contacting the MBA Director.
- GMAT SCORE
A MINIMUM of 400 is required unless:. Students must have at least 1000 points based on the formula 100times the overall GPA plus the GMAT score, or have at least 1,050 points based on the formula 200 times the upper division UGPA plus the GMAT score.NO GMAT SCORE for those working professionals that have at least 2 years of professional work experience and earned a 3.0 minimum GOA in their undergraduate coursework OR 4 years *professional work experience.GPA undergraduate minimum grade point average of a 2.5 (or 2.75 on the last 60 hours of the baccalaureate program).
GMAT SCORE WAVED:
- For working professionals - If a working professional has at least 2 years of professional work experience and earned a 3.0 minimum GPA in their undergraduate coursework - no GMAT score is required. If a working professional has at least 4 years of professional work experience, no GMAT score is required.
- For continuing students - If a student decides to go on to graduate school directly after completing their undergraduate business degree and earned a GPA of 3.25 or higher - no GMAT score is required.
*Professional work experience determined by the MBA admissions committee.
*Provisional Admission - Students not satisfying the test score requirement for admission may, at the discretion of the MBA Admissions Committee, be provisionally admitted to the program. Provisionally admitted students may only apply the first 9 graduate credit hours toward the MBA degree. Upon completion of 9 graduate credit hours in the program with a 3.0 or higher GPA, the provisionally admitted student will be granted unconditional admission.
Prerequisites - Students without undergraduate coursework in accounting, economics, finance, management, statistics, and marketing must successfully complete online preparatory modules through MBA Primer. Contact the MBA Director for more information.
Submit official transcripts and application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760
IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to assure that all required documents are on file for the admission which is sought. Please contact the Center for Adult and Professional Studies office if you have any questions about the application process.
Download Paper Application