Apply Now - Advanced Education
Educational Leadership Specialist (Ed.S.) and Doctorate (Ed.D.) -- Begin Application >>>
Graduate Studies Application for Admission
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY operates within a semester calendar. The fall term begins in late August; the spring term begins in early January. Summer term for the advanced degree programs consists of 6-weeks or 10 weeks terms which run concurrently during June and July. The Doctor of Education and Specialist of Education degrees will be scheduled in a eight week course completion format during the fall and spring semesters.
Application Deadline: Carson-Newman University Graduate education programs have rolling admission, which means we accept applications on a continual basis, however we suggest you apply early as many programs have limits to enrollment.
Required Application Materials
Admission will not be considered until all application requirements have been fulfilled.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS must be submitted directly from the Registrar of all previously attended colleges or universities to the Center for Adult and Professional Studies. The transcript must include the university seal and the highest degree attained.
*NOTE: Carson-Newman Undergraduates must also request the official transcript
- THREE RECOMMENDATION FORMS must be completed by persons who are appropriate to judge academic, employment, and character qualifications of the applicant. Respondents may not be relatives.
A recommendation form is provided in the admissions packet and may be reproduced, downloaded here, or completed online.
Under the provision of the federal family educational rights and privacy act of 1974 the student has a right to request examination of this recommendation unless they have previously waived any rights of access to examine the file.
- A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF PURPOSE is required for applicants. A form is provided in the admissions packet.
- A MINIMUM GRE SCORE (Verbal +Quantitative) of 300 from within the past five years using the most recent scoring guide (40th percentile) including a minimum writing score of 4.0 is required.
- A SCHOLARLY WRITING SAMPLE (APA Master’s thesis/research preferred) must be submitted. (Not required for Ed.S. in Collaboration and Counseling)
- AN ENTRANCE INTERVIEW conducted by the graduate faculty must be completed. Arrangement for the interview should be made prior to admission to the program by contacting the graduate admissions office.
Submit official transcripts and application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760
IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to assure that all required documents are on file for the admission which is sought. Please contact the Graduate Admissions office if you have any questions about the application process.