Apply Now - Counseling
Master of Science in Counseling (MSC): Begin Application>>>
Mental/Behavioral Health Track | School Counseling Track | Spiritual Guidance and Care Track
Graduate Studies Application for Admission
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY operates within a semester calendar. The fall term begins in late August; the spring term begins in early January. Summer term for the advanced degree programs consists of 6-weeks or 10 weeks terms which run concurrently during June and July.
Application Deadline: Carson-Newman University religion programs all have rolling admisison, which means we accept applications on a continual basis, however we suggest you apply early as many programs have limits to enrollment.
Required Application Materials
Admission will not be considered until all application requirements have been fulfilled.
- APPLICATION Completed and Submitted Application Online or Paper
- APPLICATION FEE $50. [The application fee is currently waived for early enrollment].
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS must be submitted directly from the Registrar of all previously attended colleges or universities to the Center for Adult and Professional Studies. The transcript must include the university seal and the highest degree attained.
- THREE RECOMMENDATION FORMS must be completed by persons who are appropriate to judge academic, employment, and character qualifications of the applicant. Respondents may not be relatives.
A recommendation form is provided in the admissions packet and may be reproduced, downloaded here, or completed online.
Under the provision of the federal family educational rights and privacy act of 1974 the student has a right to request examination of this recommendation unless they have previously waived any rights of access to examine the file.
- A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (Vocational Goals) is required for applicants. This may be uploaded at the time of application or mailed/emailed/faxed separately.
- OFFICIAL GRE SCORE of 900 or above for verbal and quantitative components from within the past five years (Not required for non-degree seeking students). Request Score
For School Counseling, a passing score on the appropriate Praxis II taken within the last 5 years may be accepted.
- AN ENTRANCE INTERVIEW conducted by the graduate faculty must be completed. Arrangement for the interview should be made prior to admission to the program by contacting the Counseling office. Skype and/or phone interviews will be considered for persons applying from a considerable distance.
- BACKGROUND CHECK is required for those applying to School Counseling. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Submit official transcripts and application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760
IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to assure that all required documents are on file for the admission which is sought. Please contact the Center for Adult and Professional Studies office if you have any questions about the application process.