Getting Started Checklist
There are three places that you are trying to get admitted to all at one time – the University, the teacher education program, and the BASE-TN program. In an effort to consolidate the paperwork and make this all a little less daunting we have created a Getting Started Checklist which outlines the steps you will need to take.
- Meet with Dr. Long. There’s just too many details that are individualized to answer on a website. Plus, the BASE-TN requires a Plan of Study as part of the application. This plan is determined by your educational history.
- Apply to Carson-Newman University. The undergraduate link is at http://admissions.cn.edu/admissions/application/apply.asp. The graduate link is at http://www.cn.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions. For now, please select the paper application.
Note that you will be asked much of the same information in the BASE-TN application. The C-N application asks for 3 references; BASE-TN for 4. We will use the BASE-TN references for your C-N application as well.
Additionally, the C-N application asks for a Statement of Purpose and the BASE-TN asks for a Letter of Intent. Use the BASE-TN statement for that portion of the C-N application.
- Download and complete the BASE-TN application form. Again, don’t let it intimidate you. We’re here to walk you through it.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended.
- Submit four letters of recommendation. Because BASE-TN requires some specific language, we encourage you to use these forms.
- Submit appropriate standardized test scores as required for college admission.
- Submit a current TBI background check (within the past two years).
- Submit a copy of your current TN Teacher license (if applicable).
- Arrange an on-campus interview which will be scheduled by the department.
All of the above should be sent to: Lisa Hodge, Department of Education – CN Box 72013, Carson-Newman University, 2130 Branner Avenue, Jefferson City, TN 33760.
DEADLINES: Fall entry – August 1; Spring entry– December 15; Summer entry – May 1