Apply Now - Graduate & Post Graduate Religion
Master of Arts in Applied Theology (M.A.A.T.)
Graduate Studies Application for Admission
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY operates within a semester calendar. The fall term begins in late August; the spring term begins in early January and summer in May or June. The M.A.A.T. will operate on a 5 week course completion format during the fall and spring semesters. Students accepting financial aid must be in attendance for both 5 week course completions for the full semester.
Required Application Materials
Admission will not be considered until all application requirements have been fulfilled.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS must be submitted directly from the Registrar of all previously attended colleges or universities to The Center for Adult and Professional Studies. The transcript must include the university seal and the highest degree attained.
- THREE RECOMMENDATION FORMS must be completed by persons who are appropriate to judge academic, employment, and character qualifications of the applicant. Respondents may not be relatives.
A recommendation form is provided in the admissions packet and may be reproduced, downloaded here, or completed online.
Under the provision of the federal family educational rights and privacy act of 1974 the student has a right to request examination of this recommendation unless they have previously waived any rights of access to examine the file.
- A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF PURPOSE is required for applicants. A form is provided in the admissions packet.
- Your professional RESUME/CV
- AN ENTRANCE INTERVIEW conducted by the graduate faculty must be completed. Arrangement for the interview should be made prior to admission to the program by contacting the graduate admissions office.
Submit official transcripts and application materials to:
|Graduate Admissions for Religion Programs
The Center for Adult and Professional Studies
C-N Box 71985
Jefferson City, TN 37760
PHONE (865) 471-3224
IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to assure that all required documents are on file for the admission which is sought. Please contact the Graduate Admissions office if you have any questions about the application process.