Apply Now - MAASJ
Master of Arts in Applied Social Justice (MAASJ)
Graduate Studies Application for Admission
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY operates within a semester calendar. The fall term begins in late August; the spring term begins in early January. Summer terms vary in their start dates.
Admissions Deadline: Applications are processed and considered on a "rolling admission" basis, allowing you to apply throughout the year. Once we receive your application and all necessary documents they are forwarded to the MAASJ admissions committee for review and decision.
Required Application Materials
Admission will not be considered until all application requirements have been fulfilled.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS must be submitted directly from the Registrar of all previously attended colleges or universities to The Center for Adult and Professional Studies. The transcript must include the university seal and the highest degree attained.
- THREE RECOMMENDATION FORMS must be completed by persons who are appropriate to judge academic, employment, and character qualifications of the applicant. Respondents may not be relatives.
A recommendation form is provided in the admissions packet and may be reproduced, downloaded here, or completed online.
Under the provision of the federal family educational rights and privacy act of 1974 the student has a right to request examination of this recommendation unless they have previously waived any rights of access to examine the file.
- A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF PURPOSE is required for applicants. A form is provided in the admissions packet or you may upload with the Online application. Make sure to include your full name and program for which you are applying.
- A Undergraduate *GPA of 3.0 or MINIMUM GRE SCORE (Verbal +Quantitative) of 300 from within the past five years
*If the applicant has more recently graduated from a regionally accredited law, medical, business, or other professional , graduate or doctoral academic program, the equivalent class ranking or grade point average at such professional school.
- AN ENTRANCE INTERVIEW conducted by the graduate faculty must be completed.
- Certification of completion of prerequisite class work for social entrepreneurship applicants..
Submit official transcripts and application materials to:
|Graduate Admissions for MAASJ
The Center for Adult and Professional Studies
C-N Box 71985
Jefferson City, TN 37760
PHONE (865) 471-3224
IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to assure that all required documents are on file for the admission which is sought. Please contact the Center for Adult and Professional Studies office if you have any questions about the application process.