Henderson Humanities Building
1640 Russell Ave,, Jefferson City, TN 37760
The Henderson Humanities Building was dedicated to the memory of Dr. John T. Henderson, former teacher, president, and trustee of the school. The current building, comprising 64,600 square feet was rebuilt after the original building was destroyed by fire in 1974. Located in the heart of the campus, the building contains the English, Religion, Foriegn Language, Philosophy, and Communication departments. The Gentry Auditorium and Phoenix Theater are also located inthis building. The Gentry Auditorium is named for W. L. Gentry, who served as college president form 1917 - 1919. The Phoenix Theater is so named because it arose from the ashes of the fire which destroyed the original building.