Entering Class Fall 2013 Information
We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the fall entering class of 2013! Students and parents, please review this important information as related to 2013 enrollment:
- Fall Class Registration: Are you an accepted student who still needs to register for fall 2013 semester classes? If so, sign up to attend August Class Registration (held during New Student Orientation).
- New Student Orientation: Check-In for New Student Orientation will begin on Friday, August 16 at 11:00 am on the lawn of Butler Hall Welcome Center.
- Fall Class Schedule Changes: New students who wish to request fall class schedule changes will have the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor from 1:30-2:30 pm on Monday, August 19 (see Student Orientation Schedule for additional details).
- New Student Enrollment Forms: If you have not already, please submit enrollment forms to the Office of Admissions.
- $200 New Student Enrollment Fee/Deposit (for new freshmen and transfer students only)
- Biographical Form
- Immunization Form
- Residence Hall Application: In order to receive a residence hall assignment, you must submit the Residence Hall Application. If you are living off-campus, you must submit the Off-Campus Living form and other required documentation.
- Enrolled Student Form (will be provided at Orientation)
- Housing Assignments: The Office of Residence Life will begin sending out housing assignments for the fall semester in summer 2013. In order to receive a residence hall assignment for the fall semester, students must submit the Residence Hall Application along with the $200 New Student Enrollment Fee/Deposit. Questions concerning residence life can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- C-N Connect: Upon the completion of the class registration process (once you have registered for fall classes), you may access C-N Connect to view your class schedule, semester bill, financial assistance, etc. If you need assistance logging onto C-N Connect, view the Login Presentation.
- C-N Email Account: Upon the completion of the class registration process, you may access your Carson-Newman email account. (Username: first initial, middle initial, last name @cn.edu) (Password: last 6 digits of your SSN). Login to C-N Email.
- EagleNet (Carson-Newman intranet):
- Upon the completion of the class registration process, you will have access to the Carson-Newman intranet, EagleNet. You will use your Carson-Newman username and password to gain access. Information on graduation rates and retention rates can be found on the Quick Facts document in EagleNet.
- Registration Confirmation (e-confirm): Prior to the beginning of the fall semester, all students must complete the online registration confirmation process on C-N Connect (will be available online begining August 5 for students beginning classes in the fall 2013 semester). Please refer to C-N Connect for more details. Additional information will be provided during Academic Early Registrations and during New Student Orientation.
- Transfers: In order to complete Registration Confirmation, you must have satisfactory Disciplinary Record Check Forms on file with C-N from all previous institutions attended.
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act): Carson-Newman provides for the confidentiality of student records in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, as amended. This act provides for the right of access by a student to his/her files and records with certain limited exceptions and prohibits the disclosure of information without the student’s written approval, with certain limited exceptions, other than for disclosure of directory information. Information concerning FERPA along with Student Consent to Disclosure forms will be provided at New Student Orientation.
- Parking Hangtag: Parking hangtags can be purchased from the Department of Safety & Security during Academic Early Registration and/or New Student Orientation. Hangtags are $35 for one year . Be prepared to complete the appropriate form and provide vehicle information including make, model, and license plate number when purchasing a hangtag.
- Hangtag costs:
- Fall Semester (for year): $35
- Summer Semester only: $15
- Lost Hang Tag: $10
- Student ID card: Student ID card pictures will be made during Academic Early Registration and ID cards can be picked up during New Student Orientation check-in. Student ID cards will also be made during New Student Orientation.
- Parent Eagle Eye Newsletter: Parents/guardians may sign up to receive the Eagle Eye Newsletter from the Life Directions Center.
Please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at 865-471-3223 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of assistance.