FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I park in the north lot of FBC to attend Chapel (or perform for Chapel)?
No. This lot is reserved for the church AT ALL TIMES. CLW events are Carson-Newman functions, NOT church functions. This lot is off limits to the C-N Community AT ALL TIMES regardless of membership within the church.
2. I moved off campus. Do I have to purchase a new hangtag?
No. If you have a current, valid hangtag, bring your hangtag to the Department of Safety & Security and we will exchange it for the appropriate tag at no additional charge.
3. Do I have to buy a new hang tag every year?
Yes. Hangtags are valid for one full academic year.
4. I am graduating in December. Do I get a refund?
No refunds will be given for hangtags issued to students who graduate in December or who withdraw or are expelled from the University.
5. I only have evening classes. Do I still need to buy a hang tag?
Yes. Although rules regarding designated color-coded parking do not apply after hours, ALL vehicles must have a valid hangtag to park in ANY lot on campus.
6. I traded vehicles. Do I have to purchase a new hangtag?
No. You may continue to use the same hangtag, but you must provide the current vehicle and license plate information to the Department of Safety & Security.
7. I received a ticket that I would like to dispute. What are my options?
You may file an appeal at the Department of Safety & Security within 7 days of receiving the ticket. No appeals will be accepted after 7 days.
8. If I have more than one vehicle do I need to purchase two hangtags?
No. You must register all vehicles with the Department of Safety & Security, but you will only be issued one hangtag. Your hangtag must be clearly displayed in the vehicle you are driving or you may be subject to a parking violation.
A complete listing of campus parking regulations can be found in the Eagle Student Handbook.
Students are responsible for taking the time to familiarize themselves with these regulations.