Off Campus Living
If you are looking to live off campus, you've come to the right place! Before living off campus, you must first complete and submit an Off-Campus Housing Request Form to the Office of Residence Life. No change in residency should take place, nor should a lease or contract of any kind be signed until written approval is granted from the Office of Residence Life. If you are seeking to live off campus for medical reasons including allergies and/or headaches, but do not meet the minimum requirements, your request will be processed through the Office of Disability Services (see bottom of page for more information regarding ADA housing requests).
To be considered for off campus housing, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You will be living with your parents or legal guardian within a 50 mile radius
- You must be 21 years of age before May 9, 2014
- You must be a junior with a minimum of 64 credit hours (this excludes dual enrollment and AP credits)(please attach unofficial transcripts)
- You must have completed 2 fall semesters and 2 spring semesters of college (this excludes dual enrollment and AP hours)(please attach unofficial transcripts)
- You are married or a parent
Click the box below to open the Off-Campus Request Form!
If you do not meet any of the above listed criteria, you may still submit an Off-Campus Request Form to the Office of Residence Life, along with a signed letter of appeal written by you. The request must also be accompanied by a signed letter of approval from parent(s) or legal guardian. All completed documentation should be submitted to the Office of Residence Life in the MSAC 2009 or to email@example.com.
Your completed application should include:
- The Off-Campus Request Form
- A signed letter of appeal outlining the circumstances you are seeking to live off campus
- A signed letter of approval from parent(s) or legal guardian
The Off-Campus Review Board, comprised of faculty and staff, meets the first Thursday of each month. A letter of decision will be emailed to your C-N email account the Friday following the appeal hearing.
ADA Housing Requests
The earlier students start the process, the better. Providing Disability Services with documentation about your specific needs allows them to assist us in providing exactly the right housing accommodation for you. Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the office at 865-471-3268.