First Year Experience (FYE) Halls
FYE (First Year Experience) halls began in fall 2010. These halls are located in Heritage Hall (male dorm) and Burnett Hall (female dorm). The halls consist of all freshmen. Residence Life desired to create an environment for freshmen that would encourage residents to “get out of their comfort zone”, experience the opportunities university life has to offer, build community alongside other residents, and learn about the resources at Carson-Newman that will help them at their time in university and later in life.
Provide many opportunities to learn about the university experience, find a home within college, grow, and create friends.
- Social Activities: Welcome Week, Orientation
- FYE Programming and Hall Programming
Are designed to assist you in your transition to university. Help lay the foundation for your success at Carson-Newman.
- Develop confidence and self-respect.
- Develop appropriate study and time management skills.
- Learn how to take advantage of university resources.
- Learn about healthy behaviors (nutrition, relationships, exercise, rest, etc.).
- Become actively engaged with the campus community.
- Create lasting bonds with peers, faculty, and staff.