Application for Appalachian Commons Commons 2013-2014
At this time we are accepting applications for the Spring semester. Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Please fill out the following application completely. Please refer back to www.cn.edu/appcommonsinfo if you would like more information about the App Commons Selection Process. You must have a minimum of 64 credit hours and a GPA of 2.5 to be in consideration for the apartments.
All applications are due by midnight on November 25, 2013. Please only submit one application per applicant as more than one application may delay the processing of your application. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Applications will based upon the cumulative GPA as of the Fall 2013 semester.
By submitting your application via online you are verifying that all of the information is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge. Incomplete or falsified information may cause for your application not to be processed. By submitting this application you are also agreeing to the following:
- I understand that assignments to Appalachian Commons will be made based on class standing (total number of hours) and total GPA.
- I understand that if any part of this application is incomplete or found to be untrue, this may result in nullification of this application.I understand that I will be assigned to an apartment as an individual not as a group.
- I understand that if I receive an assignment to live in Appalachian Commons, I will be required to sign a contract designed specifically for apartment living. In turn, I understand that any violation of this contract may result in disciplinary action and/or removal from Appalachian Commons.
- I understand that any misconduct, which include but are not limited to: alcohol or drug violations, visitation violations may result in disciplinary action and/or removal from Appalachian Commons.
- By submitting this application, I attest that I am in good academic standing (2.5 GPA), have not been found responsible for alleged violations by the Judicial Affairs Office, have a minimum of 64 earned credit hours, and will be enrolled in the Spring of 2013.
- I understand that any change in the enrollment status may result in the nullification of this application.If this application is approved, I understand that I will be given the opportunity to accept or decline the offer to live in Appalachian Commons.
- I understand that if the offer is accepted, I will be expected to live in Appalachian Commons in the Spring of 2013.
- I understand if I decline the offer to live in Appalachian Commons, my room will be forfeited to another qualified student.
- I understand that I am required to have a minimum of the 100-meal block plan while living in Appalachian Commons.I understand that I will be required to submit a new application with each academic year.
- I understand that there will be no preference given to me, even if I currently live or have lived in Appalachian Commons.I understand that whomever I request must also request me.
- I understand by filling out this application I am also agreeing to be able to pay the difference in cost if placed in a two bedroom apartment rather a four bedroom apartment.
You may list your top eight (8) roommate choices in order of preference on the application. It is to your advantage to fill out each roommate preference slot. However this does not guarantee that your roommate request will be granted. If you request someone who is not selected to live in Appalachian Commons, Residence Life will place you with a roommate. Please note that whoever you request, must request you as well. The Office of Residence Life will look at the top applicants for Greenbrier and LeConte first as we try to accommodate roommate preferences.
Appalachian Commons Application 2013-2014 (Duplicate)