The purpose of the Walkers Club is to provide an access to the Maddox Student Activities Center for friends of Carson-Newman and to promote walking, good health, and fellowship in the community. The following policies shall govern the Walkers Club:
- Alumni, friends, and community members are eligible to join the Walkers Club. Walkers Club members must be at least 21 years of age.
- Annual dues shall be $50 per person for people under 55 years of age and $40 per person for people 55 years of age or older (seniors). The period covered by annual dues is August 1 through July 31. Persons joining the Walkers Club after January 1 will pay $25 or $20 (seniors) for the period through July 31. Other periods of time will not be pro-rated.
- Walkers Club members will be issued a card upon receipt of annual fees. The card must be presented at the control desk in the Maddox Student Activities Center each time the member comes to walk. Walker’s Club cards are not transferable.
- Walkers Club members’ privileges in the MSAC recreational areas are limited to use of the track . The weight room, gyms, racquetball courts and pool are NOT included in the walkers club membership.
- Walkers Club hours for 2016-2017 are:
6:00am - 11:00pm Monday – Friday
1:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday & Sunday
Any changes in the regular hours will be posted at the MSAC.
The track will be closed at times the University is closed, including but not limited to major holidays, fall break, spring break, and periods between academic terms. The MSAC schedule is posted at the front and back doors of the Maddox Student Activities Center and at the control desk.
- Walkers Club members shall sign a form at the time of registration releasing Carson-Newman and it’s agents from any claims due to accidents or damages incurred while participating in the Walkers Club.
- Walkers Club members shall agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Maddox Student Activities Center as set forth by Carson-Newman University.
Summary of Track Rules
- Tobacco, food, drinks, and pet are prohibited.
- Standing or loitering on the track are prohibited.
- Stretching should be done before entering the track.
- Walkers should walk in the direction indicated on the “TODAY’S TRACK DIRECTION” sign.
- Ten laps on the track equals one mile.
For application information please contact Alisha Cox at 865-471-3440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.