The Recreational Services Department employs three students to serve as student directors for intramurals.The pay is $600 per semester or $1,200 per year. The average weekly commitment of time is between 2 and 6 hours.
Two student director positions are open for the 2015-2016 academic year. Application deadline is noon, Tuesday, February 24. Interviews will be conducted the afternoon of February 24, 2015. The application may be completed below. Hard copy applications are also available at the MSAC control desk.
Any student at Carson-Newman may apply for a intramural student director position. Previous experience playing, officiating, or administering sports is very helpful. Participation in intramurals at Carson-Newman is required to be seriously considered for the position.
- Participating in weekly IM staff meeting
- Administering 4-6 intramural events per semester
- Scheduling teams and officials for team sports on IMLeagues.com
- Assist in planing the annual intramural schedule of events
- Providing input into policy and protest decisions
- Assisting with the promotion of intramurals
- Assisting with assessment of intramural events
- Some administrative tasks
Student directors report to the Director of Recreational Services
Intramural Student Director Application