Intramural Student Director Information and Application
The Recreational Services Department employs three students to serve as student directors for intramurals.The pay is $500 per semester or $1,000 per year. The average weekly commitment of time is between 2 and 6 hours.
Three student director positions are open for the 2014-2015 academic year. Application deadline is noon, Monday, March 10. Interviews will be conducted the afternoon of March 10, 2014. The application may be completed below.
Any student at Carson-Newman may apply for a intramural student director position. Previous experience playing, officiating, or administering sports is very helpful. Participation in intramurals at Carson-Newman is required to be seriously considered for the position.
- Participating in weekly IM staff meeting
- Administering 4-6 intramural events per semester
- Scheduling teams and officials for team sports
- Providing input into policy and protest decisions
- Assisting with the promotion of intramurals
- Assisting with assessment of intramural events
- Some administrative tasks
Student directors report to the Director of Recreational Services
Intramural Student Director Application