Eagle Guides are an intricate piece of a First Year student's transition to Carson-Newman. Formerly known as Peer Mentors, an Eagle Guide is designed to serve First Year students as they go through the first year seminar course, Liberal Arts 101. We are looking for students that love Carson-Newman and want to spread that love to the fall semester's incoming First Year students. Along with the duties mentioned, other expectations are listed below.
Eagle Guide Requirements and Expectations
- Attend one LA-101 class a week during fall 2017 semester.
- Lead one LA-101 class session.
- Attend and help coordinate First Year Friday events.
- Be a resource for First Year students at the First Year Desk.
- Represent Carson-Newman University's values and mission statement at all times.
- Be appropriate on Social Media and set an example for First Year students.
- Coordinate and attend two C-N events with your LA 101 group.
- Cultivate family bonding and community with LA 101 students where you are found as a resource for information and advice.
- Other duties as assigned.
2017-2018 Eagle Guide Application