Knoxville, TN -- Date: March 14-18
Spring Break 1/2 SPOTS Trip! -- Many travel to Knoxville regularly. Rather it’s to eat, to catch a movie, a concert, or a game but often times we overlook the tremendous need located directly in our own “backyard.” There are many tremendous ministries located in Knoxville and this team will get to experience several of these throughout their trip.
We will be staying with and serving out of WOW Urban Ministries of Knoxville: http://www.wowurbanministry.org/
This is a potential ministry schedule for the long weekend:
Friday Evening- Lost Sheep Ministry/Night Club Guardian Angels
- From 11pm-4am Night Club Ministry-- C-N Missionaries will partner with Lost Sheep and their "Guardian Angel" ministry to provide food, coffee, a safe place to sober-up and to call a taxi for a safe ride home. http://lostsheepministry.org/nightclub-guardian-angels/
Sat Morning- Sleep-in
Sat. Afternoon- Samaritan Ministry (Aids/HIV Ministry) http://www.samaritancentral.org/
- C-N Mission Team will volunteer for a client of the Samaritan Ministry who is living with HIV/Aids. The team will help the individual with odd jobs, cleaning, landscaping, and befriending the individual. Though it is 2014, many with HIV/Aids still feel extremely isolated and lonely. This opportunity will provide an opportunity to add joy to the life of someone in need.
Sunday Morning- Worshipping at a local church
Sunday Afternoon- Water Angels Ministry http://thewaterangels.com/services/sunday-service/
- C-N Mission Team will help with a Sunday afternoon church service/feeding of homeless individuals.
Monday- The Baptist Center at Western Heights Housing Authority (potential)/Wow Urban Ministry http://www.whbcknox.com/
- Food give-away
- Use the WOW Ministries Water Wagon to serve water to those downtown as well as striking up conversations with those in need
Tuesday morning- Random Acts of Flowers http://www.rafknoxville.org/
- Prepare recycled flowers to be delivered to the sick and elderly as well as help the organization prepare for their annual fundraiser yard sale
Total Price: $50 Apply Now
(Please read the SPOTS 2014 Instructions Ministry Location Guide before you apply)
Philadelphia, PA - March 14-22
Missionaries will be serving in downtown Philadelphia, PA. This team will be working with several ministries and missions throughout their SPOTS experience. The primary ministry that the team will be serving at is called The Bethesda Project in Philadelphia. The Bethesda Project cares for the abandoned and poor and tries to be a family for those with none. Missionaries will serve in a variety of ways while working at “Our Brother’s Place,” a ministry of the Bethesda Project. Missionaries will potentially work in the clothing room, prepare/serve meals, clean, and do a variety of service projects at the mission. The Bethesda Project also runs a late-night “homeless coffee house” ministry which participants may get to minister at. Missionaries may also be working with Project Home where they will befriend residents, share a talent, or help provide a meal to those in need. Participants will have the opportunity to visit some of the important historic sites such as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.
Non-Refundable Deposit ($75) and Application Deadline: Thursday, February 13th
Total Price: $200
(Please read the SPOTS 2014 Instructions & Ministry Location Guide before you apply)