Director of Bonner Center for Service Learning and Civic Engagement
Carson-Newman University, a Christian, liberal arts based university, located on the lake side of the Smoky Mountains in Jefferson City, Tennessee seeks a Director for its Bonner Center for Service Learning and Civic Engagement. The Director provides vision and motivational leadership for the Center and leads in providing programs that encourage the students, faculty, and staff of a university that has an established record of significant commitment to service learning.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating and promoting a strong culture of community engagement across the campus.
- Promoting service learning through collaboration with the faculty.
- Managing the Bonner Center programs.Developing and maintaining relationships with community partners.
- Leading participation in grant writing and fundraising for the Center.
- Collaborating with campus partners to plan campus-wide service initiatives.
- Supervising and mentoring Bonner center staff and student workers.
It is preferred that the successful candidate have a background in higher education, community engagement, service learning or non-profit work with at least a Master’s degree in higher education, social sciences, humanities, education or a related discipline. Experience working with Bonner programs is a particular preference. To be successful in this position a candidate must have strong leadership, writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
For consideration, qualified candidates should provide a letter of interest and resume to:
Jimmy Wyatt, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760