At Carson-Newman, we're committed to keeping our top-quality Christian liberal arts education affordable for our students. Our tuition and fees are in line or lower with similar colleges, and we offer a comprehensive range of scholarships, grants, loans, and other assistance based on financial need, exceptional academic ability, or special talents.
Questions about financial aid? Simply contact the Financial Aid Staff. Be sure to file your FAFSA with C-N University Code 003481 so that we may assist you with your educational goals. We look forward to helping YOU afford a great education!
Summer 2017 (Click for more info)
- Submit 2016-2017 FAFSA by April 17
- Award notifications for summer aid eligibility begin April 19
- Registration for classes completed by May 10
- Complete verification (if required) by May 1
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal deadline May 19
- Accept/reject aid before the first day of your class
- Notify Financial Aid about any planned enrollment changes BEFORE you make them
- Submit 2017-2018 FAFSA by January 17
- Complete verification (if required) by August 1
- Accept/reject Aid by August 1
- New borrowers complete loan paperwork by August 1
- Notify Financial Aid about any housing and/or enrollment changes by August 1
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal deadline August 21
- Submit 2017-2018 FAFSA by November 17
- Complete verification (if required) by December 1
- Accept/reject aid by December 1
- New borrowers complete loan paperwork by December 1
- Notify Financial Aid about any housing and/or enrollment changes by December 1
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal deadline January 15
Carson-Newman University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information in provision of its policies, programs, services and activities.
Carson-Newman has a gift aid cap policy where institutional aid is considered the last dollars applied to the bill and reserves the right to reduce, modify, or cancel awards when aid limits are exceeded, and/or we determine at any time a student is no longer eligible for the assistance. No cash refunds will be generated from C-N funds as the last resource.
The Financial Aid Office abides by the Financial Aid Professional Code of Conduct