Information & Documents:
Members of Carson-Newman University community must assume responsibility for their own personal safety and the security of their personal property.
The following precautions provide guidance.
- Report all suspicious activity to C-N Security immediately.
- Never take personal safety for granted.
- Try to avoid walking alone at night. Use the C-N Security escort service.
- Carry only small amounts of cash.
- Never leave valuables (wallets, purses, books, calculators, etc.) unattended.
- Carry your keys at all times and do not lend them to anyone.
- Lock up bicycles and motorcycles. Lock car doors and close windows when leaving your car.
- Always lock the door to your residence hall room, whether or not you are there. Be certain that your door is locked when you go to sleep, and keep windows closed and locked when you are not at home.
- Do not leave valuables in your car, especially if they can be easily noticed.
- Engrave serial numbers or owner's recognized numbers, such as a driver's license number, on items of value.
- Inventory your personal property and insure it appropriately with personal insurance coverage.